Next Friday we will be attending the launch of the much anticipated; Nike LunarEclipse+ running shoes but in the meantime here is some information about the shoe that looks set to take the running world by storm.
The Nike LunarGlide+ managed to successfully combine, not only cushioning and stability but fashoion and functionality, and the Nike LunarEclipse+ is no different. However, where as the LunarGlide+ was a mid price range shoe the Nike LunarEclipse+ will be at the top of the pile (£89.99 RRP), putting it direct competition with the ASICS Kayano 16 and ASICS Nimbus 12.
Make no mistake Nike, has purposely positioned the LunarEclipse+ to compete with ASICS flagship shoes. In fact it has been designed to provide greater cushioning than the Nimbus 12 and more support than the Kayano 16. This we can’t wait to see!
Nike Say: With each step, every move, the Nike LunarEclipse+ running shoe is there to cushion you. It’s all about how you step, as well as what’s there to meet your foot. With the LunarEclipse, you get a dynamic cushioning system that adjusts to your specific gait. Whether you have a neutral step, overpronate or underpronate, you’ll have the cushioning you need to go the distance.
The LunarEclipse features a Dynamic Support Platform, an innovative design that benefits from its distinct wedge shape. Carefully concealed at the midfoot, this wedge foam engages only as much as it needs to. For neutral runners, you’ll just feel the plush cushion you need. For overpronators, the foam kicks into action, delivering extra firm support.
Enhanced with Flywire technology and Lunarlon foam, this shoe not only delivers cushioning, it keeps things nice and light. Flywire supports your foot for a snug, comfortable fit. Lunarlon is the stuff that adds that extra spring to your step. New features include:
- Breathable mesh upper with Flywire technology for ultra-lightweight support.
- Seamless construction to minimize chafing and irritation.
- A floating heel support clip that moves with the foot for stability and an enhanced fit during all phases of foot strike.
- Dynamic Support platform at midfoot with wedge shaped foam and Lunarlon for springy, responsive cushioning.
- Three-layer sockliner at midsole for great step-in feel with added support.
- Rubber outsole with Waffle pattern for traction on a variety of surfaces.
- Gender specific flex grooves for enhanced flexibility and a smooth, efficient stride.
We Say: Our retailers have nothing but praise for the LunarGlide and the LunarEclipse appears to have evolved the concept further. If Nike can build on the success of the LunarGlide and create a shoe which manages the above then we could see Nike making a significant impact the ASICS bottom line. Please join us on Twitter & Facebook next Friday (28th of May) for exclusive content including an interview with the designer Ernest Kim, sneak pictures and the chance to win & review a pair of Nike LunarEclipse+!
To find out more about Nikes’ unique Dynamic Support System watch this video.