We know that many people do not like reading Terms & Conditions so we have written a brief summary. Our full set of Terms & Conditions can be found below the summary.
1. Any transactions you make are not with us but with the merchants (retailers) you purchase from.
2. In order for us to track your purchase it is essential that your computer allows cookies. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have cookies switched on. If you don not have them switched on we will not receive our commission and we will be unable to make a donation to your cause.
3. To guarantee that your purchase qualifies for a donation it is essential that your click through directly from Ransacker.co.uk to the merchants website. Otherwise we may be unable to track your purchase.
4. Donations are not payable on refunded or reversed sales.
5. All transactions are electronically logged and reported back by the Merchant. We make every effort to ensure that retailers are correctly reporting sales however we cannot be held responsible should the retailers systems fail to report back your sale.
6. Should a retailer delay payment or cease trading for any reason then we will attempt to recover the donation but We cannot be held responsible.
7. Each offer is governed by individual terms and conditions as found on the Merchants website.
8. Ransacker reserves the right to modify any of the terms and conditions at any time.
9. We will not pass your details onto any unnecessary third parties.
10. You agree that you are solely responsible for any text Content which is posted by you on Ransacker.co.uk
These Terms & Conditions (referred to as the “Agreement”) is between you and Ransacker.co.uk. and governs your use of service provided by Ransacker.co.uk
Sometimes in this Agreement Ransacker.co.uk will be referred to as “Ransacker” or “Us”. The “Ransacker Service”, sometimes referred to as just the “Service”, means the service provided through the website (including any sub-domains).
Please read this Agreement carefully before using any aspect of the Ransacker Service.
By using the Ransacker Service you agree to comply with the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to this Agreement, do not use the Ransacker Service.
Changes to this Agreement. You agree that we may change the terms and conditions in this Agreement at any time.
Changes to the Ransacker Service. You agree that we may change the Ransacker Service or remove the Ransacker Service at any time in our sole discretion, for any reason or no reason and with or without notice to you.
Effect of Changes. You agree that if you continue to use the Ransacker Service after we have posted a change to this Agreement, then you are bound by the most recent version of this Agreement. In other words, your continued use of the Ransacker Service means that you agree to be bound by the most current version of this Agreement.
We own the Ransacker Service. You agree that the Ransacker Service, including, but not limited to the Web Site and the Software, is owned by us. That means that as between you and us, you acknowledge that we own, or we license from other companies, any copyrights, trademarks, technology, patents in and to the Service and that you will not make any claim to any ownership in the Service (or any part of the Service).
Registering with the Ransacker Service. You do not need to register with Ransacker or create a profile to use the Ransacker Service. However, to take advantage of some of Ransacker’s features you may need to register with Ransacker. If you do register with a Ransacker, you will be required to provide certain information which may include your first and last name and your email address.
If you do register on the Ransacker Service, you agree that all registration information you provide to Ransacker will be current, accurate and complete. You further agree that Ransacker may refuse your registration for any reason in Ransacker’s sole discretion. Ransacker may also terminate or cancel your account, without any notice to you, for any reason in its sole discretion. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You are also solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account. Any account name and password assigned to you by Ransacker, and/or accepted by Ransacker from you, for your access to the Ransacker Service shall be for your personal use only. You agree to immediately notify Ransacker of any unauthorized use of your account or password.
Removal of Content. Ransacker reserves the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via on the Ransacker Service for any reason, at any time, without notice to you.
Public Access. You acknowledge that, unless otherwise expressly indicated, other people who use the Ransacker Service will be able to view your user name and any Content that you transmit, post, or distribute through the Ransacker Service. Please do not transmit, post or distribute any sensitive or confidential information. Please see our Editorial Guidelines for more information.
Things you agree not to do: You agree not to do the following:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- violate Ransacker‘s Editorial Guidelines;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Ransacker Service;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any other person, company or organization;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the Ransacker Service or servers or networks, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Pronto Service;
- violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulations;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another; or collect or store personal data about other users;
- Use the Ransacker Service for any purpose other than strictly for non-commercial personal use
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Web Site.
- Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Web Site.
- Use the Web Site in any manner that harms or degrades our service, our company or any third party.
- Harvest or collect information about Web Site visitors or users.
Term and Termination. This Agreement shall remain effective until terminated in accordance with its provisions. You agree that we may modify or terminate your use of the Ransacker Service at any time, for any reason or for no reason, and without notice or liability to you or any third party. Upon termination of this Agreement by either party, your right to use the Ransacker Service shall immediately cease. If you stop using the Ransacker Service in any way, you agree that this Agreement shall continue in force.
Indemnification — The circumstances that you agree to pay for our legal fees, costs and damages. You agree that if you use the Web Site or any information gathered through the Web Site in a manner that violates this Agreement or harms another person or company, or causes another person or company to seek any loss, damage, claim or demand against us or our parent or affiliated companies, then you agree to pay for any costs, fees or damages we incur related to that loss, damage, claim or demand. You agree that we may choose, at our own expense, to take control of the exclusive defense of any matter, but doing so shall not excuse your indemnity obligations.
Disclaimer of warranty. THE RANSACKER SERVICE, ANY INFORMATION AND ANYTHING ELSE RELATING TO THE RANSACKER SERVICE, ARE PROVIDED BY RANSACKER “AS IS” AND YOU USE THEM AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY AND OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. RANSACKER IS ALSO NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND DISCLAIMS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY WARRANTIES FOR THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, AND/OR PERFORMANCE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR ACCESS OF THE RANSACKER SERVICE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY HEREIN.
Limits on our liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RANSACKER OR ANYONE WORKING FOR OR ON BEHALF OF RANSACKER OR AFFILIATE COMPANIES, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY COST OF PROCUREMENT OF ANY GOODS OR SERVICES NOR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, IN ANY CASE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE RANSACKER SERVICE OR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE RANSACKER SERVICE, NO MATTER WHAT THE CLAIM IS BASED ON AND EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Governing Law. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom, without reference to rules governing choice of laws.
Severability. If any section or paragraph in this Agreement is found to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, then you agree that the Agreement shall then be interpreted as if that section or paragraph was removed and the rest of the Agreement remained in effect and in place.